Friday, September 3, 2010

Number 200 (8/31/2010)

I got my 200th lifer this past week on 8/31/2010. I believe it was a Yellow-throated Vireo, but it could have been a Warbling Vireo. Either one is a good bird for my 200th life bird. I am happy with 200 birds in about 1 year. I added about 6 lifers from Cape May in 2008 but the rest have came since last September I believe. We have been birding in State College and Scotia Barrens every morning hoping for flocks of warblers to come through. A few good warblers have been passing through including Cape May Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Black-and-white Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, Canada Warbler, and Golden-winged Warbler. We had as many as 14 species of warblers in one morning. We also got exceptional looks at both a Philadelphia Vireo and a Warbling Vireo.

We also banded birds this morning (9/3/2010) and caught a few really good species including Yellow-breasted Chat, Worm-eating Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, and Yellow-bellied Flycatcher.


Yellow-breasted Chat (9/3/2010) Sunset Park/Arboretum



Worm-eating Warbler (9/3/2010) Sunset Park/Arboretum



Blackpoll Warbler (9/3/2010) Sunset Park/Arboretum




Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (9/3/2010) Sunset Park/Arboretum

No comments:

Post a Comment