Sunday, November 28, 2010

Colyer Lake 11/28/2010

I went out to Colyer Lake this afternoon to look for a Red-throated Loon that was sticking around for about a week now, but it had appeared to be gone. Only a few species of waterfowl were present. I was presented with 5 American Crows mobbing a Red-tailed Hawk above the lake. I was hoping to add Red-throated Loon to my PA list and Centre County year list, so I have to see if it shows up again there or at BESP. Below is a list of species observed today followed by a photo I took of a Red-tailed Hawk perched in a tree along rt. 322.


Canada Goose - 4
Mallard - 2
Bufflehead - 1
Ruddy Duck - 1
Pied-billed Grebe - 2
Red-tailed Hawk - 1
American Crow - 5
Black-capped Chickadee - 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 1
Carolina Wren - 1
Northern Mockingbird - 1

Red-tailed Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment