Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In search of #200.

I recently updated my lifelist to only birds that I have seen. I used to count species that I had heard or seen, but now I am just counting species that I have seen. After numerous times of looking through my Peterson Field guide trying to figure out what species that I have only seen, I came out with 199 different species. My goal was to try and get 200 species before a trip to Cape May, NJ over Thanksgiving break. Tomorrow morning is the only chance I have to get one more species. If I am able to get number 200 tomorrow, it will most likely be Snow Bunting or Black Scoter. These two species are the most likely due to recent reports from BESP. If I can get out tomorrow evening, I have a chance to catch a Golden Eagle fly past Joe Hayes Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment